Dec 23, 2014
Heritage of Pride, Inc. – New York, NY
This is a temporary position (February-July) that assists with coordinating media for the LGBT Pride Events in New York City. The position involves a combination of administrative, public relations and media management responsibilities.
Heritage of Pride works toward a future without discrimination where all people have equal rights under the law. We do this by producing LGBT Pride events that inspire, educate, commemorate and celebrate our diverse community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing a media contact database and proactively pitching media contacts, responding to emails and phone calls both generally and in press-specific circumstances
- Drafting/editing/issuing press releases and mass email communications and reporting on subsequent press coverage
- Conducting research on media and industry trends, filing and maintaining database of clippings and press coverage
- Creating a PR plan for each event, including the development of press kits/fact sheets and prepping event directors ahead of interviews
- Managing all company social media accounts, managing media sponsorship agreements and associated contracts, and managing all digital and print brand assets
- Managing media and management credentialing for all events
- Assist other staff with the production of the organization’s annual Pride Guide publication
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE SKILL REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years of relevant work experience required
- Some media management or PR experience required
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite required
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google Apps required
- Proficiency in MailChimp or similar platform
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to learn and utilize computer systems
- Must be a team player with excellent time management and communications skills
- This is a high-pressure position. It requires a great deal of patience, great attention to detail, and the ability to respond to many different tasks and situations simultaneously.
- The nature of the organization’s business requires some late night and weekend work, especially during May and June.
Submit resume, cover letter and at least two writing samples to email@example.com. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
HOP is a founding member of the International Association of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Pride Coordinators known as InterPride, a not-for-profit organization that provides support to over 180 groups that plan Pride events around the world. HOP is also a member of the following organizations: Northeast Regional Pride, NERP, an association of Pride committees in the Northeast United States; the International Lesbian and Gay Association, ILGA; the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, NGLTF; and the International Gay and Lesbian Travel Association, IGLTA.