Long Island LGBT Network – Long Island Gay and Lesbian Youth; The Long Island LGBT Center; Services and Advocacy for LGBT Elders (SAGE-LI) – Woodbury, NY
The Long Island LGBT Network (The Network) has an immediate opening for a Graphic Design and Video Specialist to be the lead the Communications Team member in the design and technical production of a wide variety of print/web materials, publications and projects related to video production.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Graphic Design and Video Specialist reports to the Communications Manager, and is responsible to:
- Conceptualize and design key printed Network publications to support strategic organization goals in the program and fundraising/development areas.
- Assist in maintaining the Network’s website. Familiarity with Drupal or similar CMS preferred. Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and Adobe Dreamweaver a huge plus.
- Create print collateral to market The Network’s programs and events, including but not limited to flyers, brochures, posters, palm cards, and booklets.
- Assist with the coordination of online communication and e-mail blasts, including e-newsletters and fundraising campaigns. Knowledge of MailChimp a plus.
- Lead multimedia production for special events including run of show, journals, live streaming, and other interactive campaigns
- Provide creative direction and maintain brand cohesion for all print and digital materials used for internal and external communications
- Design graphics for websites, emails, landing pages and social media, and produce and edit videos as required.
- Create and curate relevant content for distribution on the organization’s various social media channels and blogs
- Manage The Network’s YouTube page and other multimedia outlets
- Coordinate all video production and editing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Digital Art and Design or similar degree, or 2 years of relevant job experience
- Extensive knowledge of graphic design programs including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, and After Effects
- Organized approach to projects with sharp detail
- Commitment to and knowledge of LGBT community
- Work well with designers, writers, multimedia specialists, and other communication professionals in a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Office 365 and/or Google Apps administration
- CMS experience
- Knowledge of print and web standards
- Video and audio editing experience
- Experience managing the production of DVDs and other media
- Familiarity with both Mac OSX and Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, under extremely tight deadlines, and simultaneously manage multiple projects.
- A high level of energy and initiative, along with a sense of humor.
Our ideal candidate would meet at least a couple of these criteria, although past experience with all is not required. Interest in advancing your skills in these areas is highly desired.
- Experience with email marketing systems such as Drupal 7 CMS and the Salesforce CRM.
- Ability to produce and edit videos
Salary and Benefits Salary commensurate with experience, plus an excellent benefits package.
All applications must be submitted online at liglbtnetwork.org/careers. Please submit a cover letter and portfolio along with your resume through our online portal. Applications that do not follow these guidelines will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
The Long Island LGBT Network is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. People of color, women, trans and gender non-conforming people, and individuals of diverse backgrounds encouraged to apply.
The Long Island LGBT Network: The Long Island LGBT Network (The Network) is an association of non-profit organizations serving Long Island’s LGBT community. The primary organizations of The Network include Long Island Gay and Lesbian Youth (LIGALY), the Long Island LGBT Community Center (The Center), and Services and Advocacy for LGBT Elders-Long Island (SAGE-LI). The organizations work to end homophobia and transphobia on Long Island, provide a home and safe space for the LGBT community, and advocate for equality. The Network operates the only three LGBT community centers on Long Island located in Nassau County, Suffolk County, and the East End. The Network also coordinates a variety of community initiatives including the Long Island Pride Parade, the monthly publication Living Out, the Partners in Pride Business Program including the Long Island LGBT Expo, and the Long Island Gay Parent Teacher Student Association (LI Gay PTSA).