Jan 29, 2015
Reports to: Chief Communications & Advocacy Officer
Objective: The Marketing Communications Manager (MCM) plays an integral role strengthening GLSEN’s brand as the national leader working to address LGBT issues in K-12 education. The MCM is responsible for developing a marketing strategy that encompasses all aspects of the organization, including revenue goals as they relate to the GLSEN online store. The ideal candidate will have experience developing marketing communications strategies, managing online sales and enhancing organizational brand identities. The MCM will work closely with colleagues within the Communications team and across the organization to ensure consistent and compelling messaging that works to strengthen the case for creating a world where young people learn to value and respect all people, regardless of sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity.
Marketing Communications Manager GLSEN
• Develop and direct marketing communications plans, strategies and tactics in line with programmatic, research and policy/advocacy priorities.
• Increase public recognition of GLSEN’s brand and programs.
• Provide strategic marketing communications counsel to colleagues and organizational leaders.
• Develop strategies to strengthen the GLSEN brand in all aspects of our work and with a variety of audiences.
• Lead the internal Marketing Task Force.
• Work closely with the Media Relations Manager, Digital Engagement Manager and Digital Communications Associate to ensure consistency of message, brand and image.
• Develop a strategy and manage all aspects – including revenue goals – for GLSEN online store.
• Foster effective and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Bring fresh, creative and innovative ideas to support enhancing existing programs, events and GLSEN’s upcoming 25th anniversary.
• Manage relationship with external design firm and internal design request process.
• Develop and implement successful marketing campaigns to support GLSEN’s initiatives.
• Track and analyze GLSEN marketing and branding success and evolution.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
• 5-7 Years Marketing Communications experience.
• Track record of producing successful marketing communications strategies and campaigns.
• Familiarity with, and a passion for, LGBT issues in K-12 education.
• Strong writing and editing skills required.
• Strong verbal communications skills.
• Proficiency using social media.
• Ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines.
• Ability to multitask and support multiple departments.
• BA/BS in related field or related experience.
Resumes and letter of interest should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 212-727-0254 or mailed to HR-MCM, GLSEN, 90 Broad Street, 2nd floor, New York, NY 10004
GLSEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage people of color, of diverse gender identities, women and non-LGBT persons to apply.