Feb 8, 2015
The San Francisco LGBT Community Center – San Francisco, CA
The Financial Services Assistant is a member of the Center’s Economic Development team, and works in a supportive capacity on the team to ensure that all of our Economic Development programs are building the economic security of our participants. The Financial Services Assistant helps in executing our financial literacy programs, including our asset building activities and first time homebuyers program. Overall responsibilities include assisting in financial literacy workshops, assisting clients over the phone, helping to market our events and programs, and data entry.
Part-Time (20 hours/week) /Non-Exempt
COMPENSATION: Competitive wage, full health benefits, paid vacation and holiday
SCHEDULE: Flexible daytime schedule available; occasional evenings and Saturdays will be required
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Financial Services Support
- Assist the Financial Services team with implementing their outreach and marketing strategies to increase overall awareness of our services and to recruit participants for specific workshops and programs.
- Assist with monthly first time homebuyers workshops and financial literacy workshops, including support for workshop logistics.
- Provide administrative support for program including data entry, tracking of program statistics and deliverables, scheduling client appointments and workshops, and following up with clients.
- Assistance in the management of our CMS, Counselormax.
- Support in creating and sending our monthly newsletter to Financial Services participants
- Actively participate as a member of the Economic Development team providing support to Center staff when appropriate.
- Represent the Center at community events when needed.
- Occasional work on evenings and Saturdays will be required.
- Other duties assigned by Manager of Financial Services
Qualifications & Experience
- Commitment to the mission of the San Francisco LGBT Community Center. Experience and commitment to working in a multicultural environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a broad cross-section of the LGBT community. Strong competence in transgender issues and culture is highly desired.
- Strong communication and conflict resolution skills, ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent customer-service abilities. Outgoing and engaging personality.
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively with supervisor or as part of a team in a fast paced environment.
- Computer/PC literacy, including Internet proficiency, Microsoft Office software and networked systems, Salesforce experience is preferred.
- Fluency in English is required. Spanish bilingual skills desired.
San Francisco LGBT COMMUNITY CENTER
The mission of the San Francisco Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender (LGBT) Community Center is to connect our diverse community to opportunities, resources and each other to achieve our vision of a stronger, healthier, and more equitable world for LGBT people and our allies. When visitors arrive at the Center, they find free services like career counseling, job fairs, computer lab, social activities, mentorships, youth meals, various workshops and much more. Here they can connect with other LGBT people and organize to secure our equal rights. The Center is truly the heart, home and hands of the San Francisco LGBT community.
The SF LGBT Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, persons with disabilities, and persons who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or intersex are encouraged to apply. The SF LGBT Center maintains a policy of non-discrimination with respect to employees and applicants for employment. No aspect of employment will be influenced in any matter by race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, physical disability (including HIV or AIDS), medical condition, perceived physical disability or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by statute.
This is an entry-level position starting at $16/hour. We also offer full health benefits, paid vacation, sick time and holidays.
How to apply
Submit both resume and cover letter expressing your interest, experience and qualifications to:
The SF LGBT Community Center
1800 Market Street
San Francisco CA 94102
Or fax to (415) 865-5501
Please include: Financial Services Assistant in subject line
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
DEADLINE: Position open until filled.