Data Engineering Architects at the Manager level will be responsible for providing solutions to digital age data challenges in multiple industries through architecture, design, and implementation of an ecosystem of Hadoop, NoSQL, Self-Service Data Preparation, AI, Machine Learning and other modern data technologies on-premise and on the Cloud.
The solutions typically will include re-engineering the data acquisition, storage, processing, security, data management, governance and analysis using these technologies leading to the implementation of a modern data platform. A solid experience and understanding of considerations for planning, scaling, deployment, and operations that are unique to Hadoop, NoSQL, and other emerging modern data technologies are required.
We are looking for candidates who have a broad set of skills across these areas and who can demonstrate an ability to identify and apply modern data and cloud technologies to architect and implement innovative and differentiated data solutions. Our architects are expected to work with our clients in defining the future state architectures of their data platforms enabling analytical intelligence and then play a lead role to implement a roadmap to reach that state.
Job Location: DC, DC – Washington, GA – Atlanta, IL – Chicago, MA – Boston, NC – Charlotte, NY – New York, TX – Dallas, TX – Houston, VA – Richmond, WA – Seattle
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technical Science or 3 years of IT/Programming experience
- Minimum 2 years of architecting, implementing and successfully operationalizing large-scale data solutions in production environments using Hadoop and NoSQL ecosystem on-premise or on Cloud (AWS, Google or Azure) using many of the relevant technologies such as Nifi, Spark, Kafka, HBase, Hive, Cassandra, EMR, Kinesis, BigQuery, DataProc, Azure Data Lake etc.
- Minimum 2 years of architecting data and buildconing performant data models at scale for Hadoop/NoSQL ecosystem of data stores to support different business consumption patterns off a centralized data platform
- Minimum 2 years of Spark/MR/ETL processing, including Java, Python, Scala, Talend; for data analysis of production Big Data applications
- Minimum 2 years of architecting and industrializing data lakes or real-time platforms for an enterprise enabling business applications and usage at scale
- Minimum 3 years designing and implementing relational data models working with RDBMS and understanding of the challenges in these environments
- Minimum 2 years of experience implementing SQL on Hadoop solutions using tools like Presto, AtScale, and others
- Minimum 2 years of experience implementing large-scale BI/Visualization solutions on Big Data platforms
- Minimum 2 years of experience implementing large-scale secure cloud data solutions using AWS data and analytics services e.g. S3, EMR, Redshift
- Minimum 2 years of experience implementing large-scale secure cloud data solutions using Google data and analytics services e.g. BigQuery, DataProc
- Minimum 2 years of experience building data management (metadata, lineage, tracking etc.)and governance solutions for modern data platforms that use Hadoop and NoSQL on-premise or on AWS, Google, and Azure cloud
- Minimum 2 years of experience securing Hadoop/NoSQL based modern data platforms on-premise or on AWS, Google, Azure cloud
- Minimum 2 years of Re-architecting and rationalizing traditional data warehouses with Hadoop or NoSQL technologies on-premise or transition to AWS, Google clouds
- Experience implementing data wrangling and data blending solutions for enabling self-service solutions using tools such as Trifacta, Paxata
- 2 years industry systems development and implementation experience OR Minimum of 3 years of data loading, acquisition, storage, transformation, and analysis
- Minimum 2 years of using Talend, Informatica like ETL tools within a Big Data environment to perform large-scale metadata integrated data transformation
- Minimum 2 years of building Business Catalogs or Data Marketplaces on top of a Hybrid data platform containing Big Data technologies
- Responsibilities include the following:
Architect modern data solutions in a hybrid environment of traditional and modern data technologies such as Hadoop, NoSQL
- Create technical and operational architectures for these solutions incorporating Hadoop, NoSQL, and other modern data technologies
- Implement and deploy custom solutions/applications using Hadoop/NoSQL
Lead and guide implementation teams and provide technical subject matter expertise in support of the following:
- Designing, implementing and deploying ETL to load data into Hadoop/NoSQL
- Security implementation of a Hadoop/NoSQL solutions
- Managing data in Hadoop/NoSQL co-existing with traditional data technologies in a hybrid environment
- Troubleshooting production issues with Hadoop/NoSQL
- Performance tuning of a Hadoop/NoSQL environment
- Architecting and implementing metadata management solutions around Hadoop and NoSQL in a hybrid environment
Do you have a pulse on new technologies and a desire to change the way business gets done? Do you want to implement emerging solutions for some of the most successful companies around? If you answered yes to these questions and you are passionate about helping clients effectively manage enormous amounts of data to generate knowledge and value, then we want to meet you.
The digital revolution is changing everything. It’s everywhere – transforming how we work and play. Are you reacting to the disruption each day or are you leading the way as a digital disrupter? Accenture Digital is driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. At the forefront of digital, you’ll create it, own it and make it a reality for clients looking to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises. Join us and become an integral part of our experienced digital team with the credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on.
Accenture Digital is powered by three practices –Mobility, Interactive, and Analytics. As part of our Analytics practice, you’ll deliver analytically-informed, issue-based solutions that help clients make faster, smarter decisions. You’ll play a critical role in helping them tackle complex business issues.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Job Candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.