At Fjord, visual design is the heartbeat of our design practice. Our designers identify user needs, interpret client challenges, and develop concepts that unify our products and services. Visual designers work collaboratively with UX and Content Design teams, absorbing the project’s needs, creating concepts, and evolving the client’s brand in an engaging way. As Senior Visual Designer, you’ll define concepts, establish strategies, and manage the delivery of visual design artifacts at the account level.
As a team, we:
- Articulate the story and vision clearly in the service of our discipline.
- Consistently push ourselves toward groundbreaking design thinking.
- Demonstrate how unconventional thinking leads to world-class design.
As a Senior Visual Designer, you:
- Ensure our work communicates clearly, is on brand, and delights users.
- Master Visual Design as a discipline and a practice.
- Explain, discuss, and justify design decisions eloquently. Give effective feedback and direction to other team members.
- Lead the definition and creation of flexible, coherent design systems and component libraries.
- Attend and give feedback in interviews with prospective candidates.
- Present creative concepts and designs and communicate rationale to the team.
- Understand brand strategy and the organizational/political dynamics of assigned brands, including the critical processes that drive them and the key players involved. Translate or extend the brand identity system to digital touchpoints.
- Support the role of the Creative Strategic Lead in client relationships, as appropriate and assigned.
- Attend and help plan studio and community events, workshops, and conferences as a Fjord ambassador.
Working together, we will:
- Unite and inspire designers, creating world-class work.
- Consistently create and elevate brilliant design thinking in our studio and beyond.
- Collaborate on products and services that build the business and change the way our clients think about design.
- 5+ years of design experience
- 2+ years in a senior/lead role at a digital agency (graduate-level study may count toward 1-2 years of professional experience)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Visual Design
- Expert command of standard design and presentation applications (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Keynote, Sketch, InVision); experience with video editing, motion graphics, and prototyping software is a plus.
- Exceptional digital design portfolio with examples of mobile and touch work for mid-to-large clients that demonstrates conceptual problem solving and the ability to define look and feel for integrated experiences.
- Demonstrated advanced ability to utilize feedback/direction from the Creative Lead to generate multiple design explorations and iterate designs to the satisfaction of the Creative Lead (and ensure junior staff does the same).
- Experience in directing and motivating project teams, mentoring junior resources, inspiring teamwork and driving a team toward a great creative product.
- Growing ability to build strong relationships with high-level clients.
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Job Candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.