Outsports Pride – Join us in NYC for the 3rd Annual Outsports Pride summit which brings together 100+ LGBTQ people in sport to promote messages of inclusion and empowerment through a weekend of insightful panels, engaging workshops and exciting social events, including marching in the Pride Parade. NY, NY; Jun 21-24, 2018
Open to anyone who is LGBTQ in high school, college or professional sports, including active and retired athletes, coaches, administrators, executives, sports-media members and anyone connected to sports, the weekend features opportunities to network, celebrate sport, share stories and march with other athletes, coaches and LGBTQ people from across the country.
The event will bring together LGBTQ athletes, coaches, sports executives, members of the media and fans for a weekend of the celebration of courage. This year we are also welcoming non-LGBTQ people in sports who want to learn more about the community and bring that back to their team, league or school.
Our tagline is “Courage Is Contagious,” and that motto will be the driving force behind our weekend of celebration and conversation. We are thrilled to be supported this year by our incredible people at SB Nation and Vox Media.
We are putting together an incredible list of partners to make this event a truly fantastic experience. We’ll update this page as we have more announcements.
One thing we can share now is that we are working with Erik Braverman and the Los Angeles Dodgers on a fun optional outing Saturday night to the New York Mets game! The Dodgers play at the Mets that night at 7:10pm. Braverman is an openly gay senior vice-president with the Dodgers who attended our event last year. He’s excited to make an MLB game part of our weekend.
The weekend will begin with a social event Thursday evening. We are still working out the details, but it’s going to be a great spot to kick off the weekend. Some key parts of the schedule:
- Thursday, June 21, 7pm: Social gathering meet-n-greet
- Friday, June 22, 10am-4pm: Outsports “summit,” with sharing, storytelling and some great speakers
- Friday, June 22, evening: Social gathering
- Saturday, June 23, 7pm: Optional Los Angeles Dodgers @ New York Mets, co-hosted by Erik Braverman
- Sunday, June 24, 12noon-4pm: New York City Pride March
We’re also thrilled to announce a couple names who will be joining us for our Friday “summit,” which will bring together people from across the community to share stories, meet other people in sports and grow the community.
- Christina Kahrl. The ESPN baseball editor has been a trailblazer for trans people in sports media for at least a decade. A founding member of Baseball Prospectus, Kahrl is a powerful thought leader on LGBTQ sports issues.
- Nick McCarvel. The sportswriter and host has interviewed some of the greatest athletes of our time, particularly tennis pros Serena Williams and Roger Federer. He was one of NBC’s top correspondents during the 2018 Winter Olympics.
As in previous years, we will be marching as a group in the New York City Pride March. If you haven’t participated in this march before, it is a unique experience. Entering the Village on the march route, you are surrounded by screaming revelers like nothing you’ve experienced.
Seasons of Pride is pleased to present the Gay Pride or LGBTQ Pride Calendar for 2018. You will find Gay Pride events, LGBT Film Festivals, and the Gay Travel Events like Gay Ski Weeks. We do our best to try and keep up with all the events, but sometimes we miss one or two.
If your event is not listed, just drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org