Inside you will find all kinds of great stuff for Sporty Gays – including gay and lesbian athletes, clubs, tournaments, meetings, non-profits and more.
To list your club – drop us a note to firstname.lastname@example.org
Gay and Lesbian International Sport Association – We grow LGBT sport by facilitating partnerships for the successful delivery of World and Continental OutGames; we share expertise and best-practices with and among member organizations around the world to nurture growth and sustainability; and we partner with a broad variety of organizations, both LGBT and mainstream, to build bridges that help us further our activities and visibility while celebrating our culture through sport.
Eurogames – The Official Website of EuroGames: European Gay & Lesbian Sports Championships. The website has been established by the EGLSF
European Gay & Lesbian Sport Federation – We promote, amongst other things, the organization of EuroGames, the European Gay & Lesbian Championships. The last EuroGames 2008 were held in Barcelona, Spain.
The Ben Cohen Standup Foundation, a worldwide charity aiming to eradicate homophobia in sport and bullying of any sort, anywhere.
- International Gay Bowler’s Organization Annual Gay Bowling Tournament
- Queen-Bowling – Berlin, Germany – We are a group of men and women who meet every 14 days to go bowling together. We invite our friends and acquaintances to the bowling, we are not organized by clubs and everyone can contribute their own ideas and suggestions about our bowling nights.
- Boston Area Flag Football for Lesbians and Gays We are gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and a few heterosexual friends who enjoy playing recreational football (American football)
- Michigan Panthers Flag Football Club
- New York Gay Football League We are New York City’s first gay flag football team, open to all LGBT and gay-friendly players, spectators, and athletic supporters.
- Phoenix Hellraisers – Flag Football Arizona’s Gay and Lesbian Flag Football Community
- Congratulations! Congratulations to the Sydney Convicts for their victories in the 2006 Bingham Cup and Plate divisions, and to the Boston Ironsides for their win in the inaugural Bowl division.
- Bingham Cup The Bingham Cup is an international rugby competition named in remembrance of Mark Kendall Bingham, one of the heroic victims of the September 11, 2001 terrorist action in the USA. Mark was a keen rugby player, playing for one of USA’s leading gay & bisexual rugby teams – San Francisco Fog RFC.
- Go Dragons! A Rugby Story A season in the life of the Chicago Dragons, a gay rugby team in a straight Midwestern league. This diverse group of personalities must come together to achieve one common goal: to win a game. Part of Logo’s Real Momentum documentary series….
- The International Gay Rugby AssociationThe International Gay Rugby Association and Board (IGRAB) is a formalization of networking that has started in recent years between the world’s gay rugby clubs. It is dedicated to encouraging lesbians and gay men everywhere to play rugby.
- Berlin Bruisers – Germany’s first gay male rugby team, open to players of all orientations and experience levels. Always looking for new players of ALL shapes and sizes, send us a message for more details or just come along and join in!
- Bristol Bisons Bristol, England, UK
- Caledonian Thebans RFC The first club in Scotland dedicated to providing a safe and enjoyable place for gay and bisexual men to play rugby.
- Houston Roughnecks RFC Deep in the south of Texas – to provide a format for all men, gay, straight, bisexual, etc. that have an interest in playing rugby to enjoy the game and the fraternization.
International Frontrunners Affiliation of GLBT running/walking clubs that have organized in many large cities around the world. History, events, and links to local groups.
- Kings Cross Steelers RFC The world’s first rugby club to offer gay and bisexual men the chance to play competitive Union Code rugby.
- Los Angeles Rebellion Rugby Football Club Aim to embrace diversity and strive to include those who have been excluded from traditional clubs.
- Ponsonby Heroes RFC Providing a social and fun environment for gay and bi men in Auckland, NZ to participate in and support their own rugby team.
- San Diego Armada Rugby Football Club Dedicated to promoting the sport of rugby within Southern California
- San Francisco Fog The San Francisco Fog R.F.C. is a club committed to an ethic of inclusion. The vision of the club is to be the preeminent rugby club in the world that is principally composed of men of color and gay men, groups traditionally under-represented on traditional rugby teams in the United States.
- Seattle Quake Rugby Football Club Dedicated to bringing rugby to traditionally underrepresented men in the Seattle area.
- Washington Renegades Rugby Football Club Inc. A Division III club that aggressively recruits gay men and men of color from across the Washington, D.C., region.
- BayLands Front Runners e currently have over 400 active members, primarily from Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties, in the San Francisco Bay Area. Come out and join us for our weekly Fun Runs.
- DC Front Runners DC Front Runners: A running club serving the greater Washington area gay and lesbian community and their friends.
- Denver Front Runners – Gay Colorado Runners Denver Frontrunners meets every Saturday morning at 9:00 am (gay time)
- Front Runners & Walkers San Diego
- Front Runners Atlanta Front Runners Atlanta is Atlanta’s gay/lesbian running/walking club and sponsor of the Atlanta Pride Run.
- Front Runners Boston
- Front Runners Fort Lauderdale
- Front Runners New York Welcome to Front Runners New York, a running club for lesbians, gay men and supportive non-gay people of all athletic abilities.
- Front Runners/Frontwalkers Chicago Chicago’s gay and lesbian running and walking club.
- Gainesville Front Runners
- London Front Runners A diverse group of gay and lesbian runners from all around the world.
- Palm Springs Front Runners and Walkers PSFR welcomes walkers and runners of all ability levels, whether beginner or accomplished.
- Portland Front Runners We are the Portland Frontrunners: a running club for lesbians, gays, bisexuals, transgender and queer individuals and their friends in the Portland
- San Francisco Front Runners Founding chapter of the world’s gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and straight running organization.
- Seattle Front Rrunners Seattle Frontrunners is a running and walking club composed of over 200 gay and lesbian members and their friends.
- Shoreline Front Runners of Long Beach A gay and lesbian oriented running and walking club formed in 1984.
- St. Louis Front Runners Saint Louis Frontrunners is a non-competitive club for Gay, Lesbian, Bi-sexual, Transgender, and Straight-Allied (GLBTS) runners and walkers
Tri-Valley Front Runners Located in Milford with upcoming races, membership details, pictures, running schedule and related links.
- Gay & Lesbian Snowboarders Welcome to Out Board – the web site for lesbian and gay snowboarders. Check out the events and find buddies to board with using the Search facility.
- WinterPRIDE Whistler 2007 WinterPRIDE the new name for the 15th Annual Gay Whistler Ski week (formerly known as Altitude)which is one of the largest Ski Weeks in the world.
- Federal Triangles The Washington, DC Metro area Gay Soccer Club
- Gay Football Supporters Network For gay & lesbian supporters of the beautiful game. GFSN’s main aim is to bring together gay and lesbian football supporters.
- International Gay and Lesbian Football Association (IGLFA)
- New York Ramblers Soccer Club – The principal agenda of the Ramblers is still today as it was when it began over twenty years ago: to provide a comfortable and fun space for all people, regardless of their skill, sexual orientation, gender, race or religion; to come together and enjoy the competition and sport of soccer, good friends and to be a part of the ongoing Ramblers family.
- Philadelphia Falcons – The Philadelphia Falcons is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive soccer program serving the needs of the LGBT community.
- Americas Finest City Softball League – San Diego, CA – San Diego’s softball league by and for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered athletes and our supportive heterosexual friends.
- Badgerland Softball League – Madison, WI – The Badgerland Softball League, is a Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender. Queer (LGBTQ), and supportive alliances social organization structured around the sport of softball and designed to promote and advance the health, social structure, and equality of the Madison, Wisconsin area LGBTQ community.
- Big Apple Softball League – NY, NY – The Big Apple Softball League (BASL) is a non-profit adult community-based sports organization, created to support the bonds of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered (LGBT) fellowship to play softball in a safe environment of friendly competition, free of discrimination on the basis of age, race, creed, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or playing ability.
- Beantown Softball League, Inc. – Boston, MA – Founded in 1978, the Beantown Softball League is the largest athletic organization open to gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and heterosexual people in New England.
- Bluff City Sports Association – Memphis, TN – Memphis Gay Softball.
- Cabbagetown Group Softball League – Toronto – The Cabbagetown Group Softball League (CGSL) is a non-profit organization that was founded in 1975. Initially comprised of only 4 teams, the CGSL currently boasts 18 teams in 3 divisions of play with membership in excess of 300 women and men.
- Central Florida Softball League – Orlando, FL – The Central Florida Softball League, Inc., is dedicated to offering a safe social and competitive athletic environment for the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgerendered community and their straight allies.
- Chesapeake & Potomac Softball (CAPS) League – Washington DC – The Chesapeake and Potomac Softball League (CAPS) is a non-profit organization founded in 1983 to establish a friendly place for gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered (GLBT) people in the greater Washington/Baltimore metropolitan areas to play softball, learn and/or enhance softball skills and meet new people.
- Chicago Metropolitan Sports Association – Chicago, IL – The Chicago Metropolitan Sports Association (CMSA) is the largest not-for-profit gay and lesbian sports organization in the Midwest. We offer recreational and competitive level play in a variety of athletic leagues throughout the year.
- City Of Brotherly Love Softball League – Philadelphia, PA – The City of Brotherly Love Softball League was voted Best Gay Sports League in the Philly area by the readers of the PGN!!!
- Columbus Lesbian Gay Softball Association – Columbus, OH – CLGSA is an open division softball league open to GLBT players and friends in the Columbus metropolitan area. The organization strengthens our community by providing social connections, camaraderie, and athletic competition for players at all skill levels.
- Denver Area Softball League – Denver, CO – The Denver Area Softball League (DASL) is dedicated to the promotion of amateur softball for all persons regardless of age, race, creed, religion, sex, or national origin, with special emphasis placed on the participation of members of the gay/lesbian community of the Denver Area.
- Emerald City Softball Association – Seattle, WA – The ECSA “Open League” is open to both gay and non-gay men and women. Playing levels range from advanced to beginner and cover four divisions (A, B, C & D). Division placement depends primarily on player ability and overall team ability.
- Greater Los Angeles Softball Association – Los Angeles, CA – The Greater Los Angeles Softball Association (GLASA) is an LGBT softball league supporting the Los Angeles Metro LGBT community started in 1978.
- Heart Of America Softball League – Kansas City, MO – HASL is dedicated to the promotion of amateur softball for all adult persons regardless of age, race, creed, religion, sex, or national origin,with special emphasis on the participation of members of the gay community.
- Hotlanta Softball League – Atlanta, GA – With over 550 members and 40 teams, HSL ranks among the largest member cities in ASANA and NAGAAA.
- Las Vegas Gay Athletics – Las Vegas, NV – LVGA³ Softball continues is commitment to the Lesbian, Gay and Transgender community to provide the opportunity for all to participate.
- LB/OC Surf & Sun Softball League – Long Beach, CA – Orange County Softball.
- Ligue de balle Maxima – Montreal – La Ligue de balle Maxima est un organisme sans but lucratif qui réunit depuis 1992 des gais, des lesbiennes et leurs ami(e)s de la région de Montréal pour s’amuser et jouer à la balle-lente. Le caractère amical et récréatif que la ligue a su encourager et préserver au fil des ans lui vaut d’être aujourd’hui le plus imposant groupe sportif de la communauté gaie montréalaise avec plus de deux cents membres et de nombreux supporteurs.
- Metro Nashville Softball Association – Nashville, TN – The objective of the Organization is to promote amateur athletics with a special emphasis on the participation of the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community in an atmosphere of friendly competition.
- Mid-Atlantic Amateur Softball Association – The Mid-Atlantic Amateur Softball Association exists to promote the camaraderie of amateur softball within North America and internationally while providing a safe, supportive environment for men and women within the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered community as well as friends from the greater society.
- New South Softball League – Birmingham, AL – We are a member of the North American Gay Amateur Athletic Alliance (NAGAAA) which is a nonprofit international organization comprised of men and women dedicated to promoting amateur athletics for the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (GLBT) community.
- NOLA Softball League – New Orleans, LA – The mission of NSL is to foster a positive environment for recreation and socializing through amateur slow-pitch softball while supporting NSL sponsors and our community’s charitable organizations. NSL membership is open to all individuals, without prejudice.
- North American Gay Amateur Athletic Alliance – Currently, over 800 teams in 45 leagues across the United States and Canada are members of NAGAAA. Teams representing these leagues participate in the NAGAAA Gay Softball World Series (GSWS), hosted each year in a different member city.
- North Coast Softball – Cleveland, OH – North Coast Softball starts its 31st season this summer! Last year the league had 16 teams and about 280 players. Every year, the goal of the NCS league is to provide an outlet for LGBT players and allies to play softball in a fun, competitive, and discrimination-free environment.
- Palm Springs Gay Softball League – Palm springs, CA – Palm Springs Gay Softball League, PSGSL, PSGSL.ORG, Gay Softball, Palm Springs Gay Activities
- Pegasus Slowpitch Softball Association – Dallas, TX – Pegasus Slowpitch Softball Association is a Dallas-based non-profit organization dedicated to the promotion of quality amateur softball of all levels of play for persons of any race, creed, religion, sex or national origin, without prejudice, and with special emphasis placed on the participation of members of the gay community.
- Renaissance City Softball League – Providence, RI – Providence Softball is the home of The Renaissance City Softball League dedicated to the growth and promotion of softball in the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered (GLBT) community in Rhode Island and surrounding areas. We also serve as an outreach to our non-GLBT friends, family, and supporters. Celebrating our 14th anniversary, we provide a welcoming environment to all.
- Rose City Softball Association – Portland, OR – The Rose City Softball Association is Oregon’s largest LGBTQ sports organization. Our primary focus is on slow-pitch softball, for all persons, with a special emphasis on the gay and lesbian communities. Established in 1995, the RCSA is a non-profit organization and a member of the North American Gay Amateur Athletic Association (NAGAAA), the Amateur Sports Alliance of North America (ASANA) and the Amateur Softball Association (ASA.)
- Sacramento Valley Gay and Lesbian Softball – Sacramento, CA – We now have nearly 250 players from the Sacramento region including Sacramento, Yolo, Sutter, Yuba, Placer, El Dorado, Amador, Calaveras, San Joaquin, and parts of Solano and Contra Costa Counties. In 2012 we became affiliated with NAGAAA (North American Gay Amateur Athletic Alliance) providing an opportunity to send teams to compete in the Gay Softball World Series with sister leagues around the United States. SVGLS is also affiliated with the ASA (Amateur Softball Association) and follows both ASA and NAGAAA guidelines.
- San Francisco Gay Softball League – San Francisco, CA – San Francisco Gay Softball League is a gay and lesbian softball league committed to providing an organization for both gay and non-gay participants to compete in an environment conducive to the gay community.
- Saturday Softball Beer League – Milwaukee, WI – The Saturday Softball League, or SSBL, was created in 1977. SSBL’s main activity is to provide a softball league which runs on a weekly basis during the late spring and summer time. The purpose of the league is to allow gay, lesbian, and bisexual players to gain experience and develop softball skills within a formalized structure. The league membership includes both men and women, heterosexuals and homosexuals, young and old. The league play is governed by rules set forth by the American Softball Association and the league body. The playing rules and format are almost identical to other leagues throughout the Milwaukee area.
- Silicon Valley Softball League – San Jose, CA – SVSL is the first league of its kind in Santa Clara Valley to provide an athletic, recreational and social opportunity for the LGBT Community of the greater San Jose area, as well as friends of the LGBT Community, through participation in organized softball league competition.
- Softball Austin – Austin, TX – To offer the Central Texas gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgendered (GLBT) community, and the greater Austin community, the opportunity to experience and enjoy recreational softball in a competitive, inclusive and affirming environment. Softball Austin will organize, promote and support athletic, social, cultural or charitable activities.
- Southern New England Softball League – Southern New England Friendship League – (New Haven, CT).
- South Florida Amateur Athletic Assoc. – Ft Lauderdale, FL – Founded in 1994 as the South Florida Softball League, SFAAA has emerged as the premiere softball league for gay and lesbian athletes with over 20 teams and almost 400 members.
- St. Louis G.L.A.S.S. – St Louis, MO – Aviation Field at Forest Park.
- Steel City Softball League – Pittsburgh, PA – The Steel City Softball League began in 1981 and remains the longest running GLBT sports organizations in the Pittsburgh area. The league provides an atmosphere for individuals to be themselves without fear of discrimination and is open to all members and friends of the GLBT community of Pittsburgh.
- Suncoast Softball League – Tampa, FL – The Suncoast Softball League was organized in 1994 to promote a friendly, competitive and emotionally safe environment for LGBT in the Tampa Bay area to participate in the sport of softball.
- Tulsa Metro Softball League – Tulsa, OK – Tulsa Metro Softball League (TMSL) is an amateur softball league for the Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, and Transgender (LGBT) Community and our allies of the Tulsa Metro Area. TMSL is an official program of Oklahomans for Equality and a founding member of the Equality Sports Alliance of Tulsa. TMSL is a member league of the North American Gay Amateur Athletic Alliance which allows us to send teams to represent Tulsa at the annual Gay Softball World Series.
- Twin Cities Goodtime Softball League – The Twin Cities Goodtime Softball League is entering its 35th year as one of the largest leagues in NAGAAA – the North American Gay Amateur Athletic Alliance Open Division. Come out and join (or just watch) over 550 GLBT athletes and their friends on 36+ teams play ball this summer.
- West End Slo-Pitch Association – Vancouver – The West-End Slo-Pitch Association was started in 1978 when gay and lesbian sports minded, fun-loving people gathered on Sunday afternoons at Lord Roberts School playground. The league has continued to grow over the years, with a record 16 teams and 217 players in our D Division and C Division – we are bigger and better than ever!
- Wild Swine Berlin – Berlin, Germany – Softball for all femininities.
- Atlanta Rainbow Trout Website Welcome to Atlanta’s premiere Gay-friendly Aquatics Club. If you are interested in swimming, triathlon, diving, playing water polo and meeting great new friends, we want you! Ten years strong, our club has built a reputation for being one of the most respected sports organizations in Atlanta.
- International Gay and Lesbian Aquatics IGLA is the world’s foremost international organization solely devoted to developing and promoting gay and lesbian swimming, water polo, diving, and synchronized swimming.
- Berlin Ringer – Berlin, Germany – Site in German. Wrestling group based in Berlin.
- Chicago Wrestling Club – “The mission of the Chicago Wrestling Club is to provide a safe learning environment for wrestlers 18 years of age and older. We do not discriminate based on gender, orientation, age or wrestling experience. Our purpose is to train wrestlers in the disciplines of freestyle, Greco-Roman, and folkstyle wrestling.”
- Club de lutte de Paris ~ Paris Wrestling Club of FRANCE – The best wrestling facilities of Paris with 3 wrestling mats in a row, full facilities, hot showers, changing rooms and the help of a professional coach.
- East Coast Wrestling Club – We began in 1993 as New England Wrestling Club & in the fall of 1996 became East Coast Wrestling Club due to our growth in members. We are growing in numbers each & every month and have members in all the New England states, across America, and around the globe.
- Frankfurt Wrestling Frankfurt, Germany
- Golden Gate Wrestling Club – The newly formed San Francisco Wrestling Alliance provides the opportunity for Mission and O’Connell High School wrestlers to gain much-needed mat time, coaching and guidance from experienced coaches and wrestlers.
- London Wrestling – We’re a friendly (really, we are!) club that trains in Greco-Roman/freestyle wrestling and submission grappling (submission wrestling). We hold regular practice sessions in Central London and in Brighton.
- METRO Wrestling Club – METRO WRESTLING is New York City’s gay freestyle wrestling club. We hold regular practices twice weekly.
- Pinfall and Submission Wrestling Club – Edinburgh, Scotland – Pinfall & Submission wrestling club meets in Edinburgh’s Meadowbank Sports Stadium every Sunday from 6-9 p.m.
- Southern California Wrestling Club – Based in West Hollywood, CA. The Southern California Wrestling Club has promoted the sport of wrestling since the early ’80s and has always had a commitment to a blend of technique training and open mat wrestling for all levels of experience, adults 18+. (SCWC is a USAW-sanctioned wrestling club.)
- SPARTANS Philly Wrestling Club – Spartan Wrestling Club of Philadelphia is an adult recreational wrestling club dedicated to the enjoyment of freestyle wrestling. The club was founded in 1991.