We are looking for a highly effective Senior Developer to join our team. This person will utilize best practices and methodologies to design and implement the best solution for our clients. This key member of our team contributes to the entire software development lifecycle including analysis, requirement specification, use case and data modeling, technical design, development, testing, and implementation. This individual will be focused on delivering assigned tasks and/or specific tracks of the solution on time, escalating issues when appropriate as well as educating and leading others in the form of code reviews, workshops, and documentation.
Additional Key Responsibilities
- Participate in the software design, development, and implementation using standard WCM and/or eCommerce platforms such as Adobe AEM (CQ), SDL Tridion, Sitecore, Fatwire, CrownPeak, hybris, Oracle/ATG Demandware, Intershop and IBM WebSphere Commerce
- Provide advanced-level development and documentation skills
- Provide strong testing and debugging skills at all levels, including unit, system, integration and performance testing
- Serve as a lead developer or team lead of a small team
- Assist in the conceptual and technical design, using object-oriented design techniques
- Assist with the estimation of development tasks
- Independently interface with client technical teams and business owners as needed during the design and implementation
- Independently manage individual time and tasks
- Mentor junior team members and ensure software developed adheres to best practices and quality standards through code and design reviews
- Travel Required
YOUR EXPERIENCE: Basic Qualifications
- Minimum of 4 years of hands-on Java & J2EE/JEE software development experience
- Minimum of 2 years of full life cycle implementation experience using various SDLC methodologies
- Minimum of 1 year of developing eCommerce and/or web content management applications
- Bachelor’s degree
SET YOURSELF APART: Preferred Qualifications
- 4-6 years of experience in systems integration and development, package implementation, and/or interactive design
- 1-2 years of experience as a lead developer or manager of a small team
- Experience working with relevant WCM and/or eCommerce packaged solutions such as Adobe AEM (CQ), SDL Tridion, Sitecore, Fatwire, CrownPeak, hybris, Oracle/ATG Demandware, Intershop and IBM WebSphere Commerce
- Demonstrated proficiency with at least one development tool/technology
- Experience with one or more Java concepts and patterns including Java/J2EE, JSP, Spring, Sling, JMS, JUnit, AOP, MVC, Eclipse
- Experience and full lifecycle involvement with both waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Experience with multiple source control systems: CVS, SVN, Git
- Working knowledge of multiple web and application tier technologies: Tomcat, WebSphere, Weblogic, Apache Http, Spring tcServer, Solr, open source packages
- Experience with web application design and analysis, design patterns, and object-oriented design
- Ability to define, create, and complete a technical task without guidance
- Ability to thoroughly unit test all work and deliver an error-free technology component to the team
- Ability to deliver constructive feedback and to lead by example
- Ability to articulate a vision of the total solution
- Experience estimating development tasks
- Ability to anticipate issues and formulate remedial actions
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills Experience in a consulting environment
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
- Bachelors or master’s degree in computer science, engineering, MIS or related field
- Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision will be rewarded, and your success will fuel opportunities for career advancement
- You’ll make a difference for some pretty impressive clients. Accenture serves many of the Fortune Global 100 on high-profile projects
- Opportunities to learn daily through training, assignments, and collaboration with experts across the company
- Access to leading-edge technology
- Along with a competitive salary, Accenture offers a comprehensive package that includes generous paid time off, 401K match and an employee healthcare plan
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Job Candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.